Saturday 12 November 2011

Castles in the Air

(Dedicated to someone)
I don’t know where to start, if saying what I feel is something that would make you realize I’m weak.  If God created Eve to strengthen Adam then that would rather give me a hint that I was created to overhaul your worries and anxieties despite the idea that I too, have my own set of uncertainties and queries.  Sometimes we try to sew our life using the thread of others and that’s where tangle pops out when we are supposed to drive our own set of wheels in the race of life.  Life as it is, is too much for a weak person and tougher for the strong ones.  You can’t choose most of the things and human as we are, we often select what we think are best for us. We always follow what we believe because we create our own set of rules based on the principles and guidelines we have. It’s logical to think that all people can label bad from good but the circumstances don’t agree with it. I myself was once caught in a scenario where answers are all laid in front of me but I pretended sightless because I gave into my senses. Feelings are always good if you say so. I used to sew my life with people I love and now when everyone else creates their own gear, I was left fixing mine because it doesn’t fit with theirs. So the best thing to do is to plan for your own dreams because FYI God did not tell you to dream for others, in fact, having a dream or setting a goal is something that was infinitely given to us. God didn’t give us any standards for building castles in the air,
 so dream big and reach for it.

I was only 13 when I felt something that I still feel now after six years and I thank God for the countenance. You were one boy before that I loved and one man now that I still do.  You’ve been far and out of my sight but never out in my heart. I respected every teardrop that distance between us triggered. Though you may feel some point of setbacks from me because of what you have chosen I still have no doubts of how much heartbeat I have laid for you. You chose to conquer this world across the seas and I am no woman to deter such course from a man like you who wishes to live a life like yours. I guess I can no longer change what was laid for you but I can still alter what lies for me not because you are no longer part of my blueprints but because I needed to reassemble my own dose of life. I know that something else is waiting for me than mulling on my sentiments. Things have been complicated as algebra and I can’t find the x and y of our problem.  Thinking of you, I do it every day. Missing you is the heartache that never goes away.