Wednesday 14 March 2012

Sacred Blue Cenote

I'm trying to find anything a bit refreshing than the book of faces and youtube. To my hearts content, an article in wordpress.com wowed me.

The Sacred Blue cenote or Ik kil Cenote near Chichen Itza, Mexico. A cenote is an amazing magical sinkhole filled with fresh water.

Cenotes are created when the original limestone landscape of Yucatan Peninsula collapsed. 

Unfortunately for me, this scenery will forever be as far as 48 inches away from my computer screen and I may never really get to take my dive in this God’s given creation. Lot of blogs reiterated that this is another ideal place for swimming in the clear blue water.

196 feet wide, 130 feet deep, it is an open cenote about 85 feet from the surface. A grand stairway leads you down the steps into the water. Entrance is 70 pesos and it is open daily from 8am to 6pm. However, there are no lifeguards and life jackets available so it is definitely at your own risk. That being said, dozens of elementary-aged kids are still lucky enough diving the 20 foot cliff and swimming to their hearts’ content and I'm a bit jealous! 

I would trade one day of my life in exchange of being a child again whose jumping the same cenote over and over again.  Oh! Soul mate take me there! I may not mind getting drowned to a place I didn't even imagine to exist.  facts are copied in other blogs. This post is just another product of "my killing the time" phase of my life.  this is maybe much sane than stalking people in facebook just and enough till the last sip of my coffee. GET SOME LIFE PEOPLE!